- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice (about 1 navel orange)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place vegetables in lightly greased slow cooker crock and toss with salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together marmalade, orange juice, water, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and pour over vegetables. Top with butter.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest