Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 lbs. lamb, shoulder chops or cuts from the leg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pita bread
- Chopped onion
- Sliced tomatoes
- Stir yogurt, cucumber, mint, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Layer lamb and lemon juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or LOW 6 to 7 hours until lamb is tender. Remove lamb; discard fat and bone. Thinly slice lamb.
- Serve on warmed pita bread topped with onion, tomatoes and cucumber yogurt sauce.