- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small bunch (about 1 ounce) fresh basil, leaves only, cut into strips
- In a large saucepot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent and garlic is golden, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, parsley, oregano, salt, dried basil and pepper. Bring to a boil, then pour tomato mixture into the slow cooker crock.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or LOW for 9 to 10 hours. Stir in fresh basil before serving.
- To store, cool and place in air-tight containers. Freeze up to 6 months.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest