- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 jar (8.2 oz.) mole
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10.8 oz.) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (8 oz.) queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 pint sour cream, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium-high, cook beef about 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Drain beef leaving a small amount of fat in skillet. Set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until onions are transluscent.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beef broth and mole. Pour into skillet
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in beef, beans and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Spray slow cooker crock with nonstick cooking spray. Layer half of the tortilla strips, half of the meat mixture, half of the queso fresco and sour cream.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and queso fresco. Place crock in slow cooker base.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest