- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 16 ounces dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 9 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add carrots and celery; cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and remaining ingredients to slow cooker crock.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest