- 3 pounds Country Ribs (I used boneless, because I like to serve mine over rice, but you can use bone-in as well!)
- Toasted sesame seeds, scallions, and/or red pepper, to garnish
For the Chinese BBQ Sauce:
- ⅓ cup sherry
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In the crock of your slow-cooker, stir together all of the Chinese BBQ Sauce ingredients. Add the ribs and cover with the sauce.
- Cover the crock and place in the fridge to marinate overnight (or at least 5 hours).
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. Skim off the fat from the sauce before serving.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds, scallions, and/or red pepper and serve over rice or Chinese-style vegetables.