2 onions, cut in eighths
3 cloves garlic, peeled
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 to 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 sprigs of tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/3 cup heavy cream
1) Spray interior of crock-pot with nonstick cooking spray. Place onions and garlic in the crock-pot.
2) Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then slather them with mustard and place in crock-pot.
3) Pour lemon juice and chicken bouillon on top and then finish with tarragon sprigs (or sprinkle on dried tarragon).
4) Cook on low heat for at least four hours,stirring once.
5) Remove tarragon and discard. Transfer chicken to a shallow serving platter. Stir cream into sauce. Nap chicken with sauce and serve immediately, passing extra sauce at table. Yield: 4 servings.