- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 14 oz light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 6 thai chili peppers, seeded
- 8 oz dry rice noodles
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 sprigs green onion, to top
- ¼ cup bean sprouts, to top
- ¼ cup cilantro, to top
- 1 handful dry roasted peanuts, chopped, to top
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and saute until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add in the coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter, chicken broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Give the pot a light stir. Then, add in the onion, garlic, ginger, green pepper, and thai chili peppers, and stir once more. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- About an hour before you’ve finished cooking (at the 3 hour mark), add the rice noodles to the crock pot and mix well. Continue to cook for another hour, or until sauce has thickened and the noodles have softened.
- While you wait for the noodles to cook, slice your green onions in half, longways. Keep slicing until you have thin strips. Place the green onions in a bowl of ice water and let sit– this will make them curl up.
- When the Thai Chicken and Noodles has finished cooking, remove it from the slow cooker and divide into bowls. Squeeze lime juice over them and garnish with the curled green onions, been sprouts, cilantro, and dry roasted peanuts. Serve warm.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest