- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounce) chili beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 can (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chili pepper, undrained
- 1 package (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- 1 sour cream, optional
- 1 tortilla chips, crushed, optional
- Place onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker to Low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, allow to cool long enough to be handled, and shred. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest