- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix (such as Knorr(R) French Onion Soup Mix)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves — trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Set the slow cooker to the High setting.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Set the onion aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, coconut milk, dry soup mix, curry powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker, and pour the mixture over the chicken. Stir in onion, peas and mushrooms.
- Cook on High setting for 1 1/2 hours, then reduce heat to Low and cook an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest