- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( 2.5-3 lbs)
- 8 chopped chives
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, diced
- 7 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 -4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- In a hot fry pan, quickly sear each chicken breast on each side (about 3-5 seconds on each side. Put breasts in crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the salt) and mix with hand until the chicken is covered evenly.
- Turn crock pot on low and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken with fork and salt to taste.
- Cook on low for another hour or so. (optional).
- Serve with warm flour/corn tortillas, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocado, fresh cilantro and hot sauce.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest