- 20 g butter
- 1 kg chicken drumstick, with bone
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock, liquid stock
- 1 lemon, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1 spring onions or 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, ground
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a hot non-stick pan, add butter and melt.
- Add chicken drumstick and brown or seal chicken.
- Place celery & carrot on base of crock pot/slow cooker.
- Add brown chicken drumstick into the crock pot/slow cooker, making sure the chicken drumstick are not sitting on top of each other (must be laying side by side). Pour left over juices in the pan into the crock pot/slow cooker.
- Pour chicken stock and lemon juice on top of drumstick.
- Sprinkle onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and black pepper on top of the chicken drumstick.
- Cover and cook on ‘Low’ setting for 6-8 hours. (Depending on you crock pot/slow cooker, mine tenders to cook quickly even on the slower setting).
- Serve with juices on rice or with crusty bread.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest