- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 16 ounces bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 whole limes zested and juiced
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 4 – 6H
- Place the boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs in the bottom of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the barbecue sauce, lime zest and lime juice together quickly and then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken in cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken pieces from slow cooker and place on a plate and shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Return shredded chicken back to sauce in the slow cooker and stir quickly to combine meat with sauce.