- 4 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute such as Splenda
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- In the bottom of a 4 – 6 quart crock-pot pour the berries, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch and toss lightly to coat the berries with the sugar and cornstarch.
- In a medium bowl mix the cobbler ingredients – flour, sugar, melted butter, milk, baking powder and pinch of salt until a soft dough forms.
- Dot the top of the fruit in the slow cooker with spoonfuls of cobbler dough, making sure to keep the dough off the side of the crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until the fruit is bubbly and the dough is is cooked through.
- Serve plain, with ice cream or whipped cream.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 240 minutes