8 whole chicken thighs bone-in or boneless
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Maple & Dijon sauce
1 cup real maple syrup don’t use the artificially flavored kind!
1/4 cup Dijon mustard I used Grey Poupon grainy mustard
1 teaspoon fresh sage roughly chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary roughly chopped
Servings 8 | Prep Time 20 Minutes | Cook Time 6 Hours | Total Time: 6h:20min
- In a gallon sized zippered plastic back place the flour, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Place 2 chicken thighs in the bag with the flour mixture and zip close the bag. Shake the bag to coat the chicken with the flour. Open bag and remove chicken from the bag, shaking off the excess flour and place chicken on a large platter and set aside.
- In a large skillet on the stovetop heat 1 inch of vegetable or canola oil on medium heat until hot.
- Place 2 to 3 pieces of chicken in the hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes until lightly golden brown. Flip chicken over and cook an additional 3 minutes until lightly browned. The chicken will still be raw inside.
- With a pair of tongs carefully remove the chicken from the frying pan and transfer it to a 3-quart casserole crock-pot OR a 5 quart (or larger) oval or round crock-pot.
- Continue cooking with the rest of the chicken placing the chicken in your slow cooker.
For the Sauce
- In a small bowl mix together the real maple syrup, dijon mustard and fresh herbs.
- Stir to combine and then spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.