- 2-3 lb round beef roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 10-14 jarred pepperoncini peppers, plus 1/2 cup of juice from jar
- Italian sandwich buns
- Sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Season the beef roast with salt & pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the roast. Brown on all sides.
- Place the browned roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian salad dressing mix over the roast. Pour in the beef broth, pepperoncinis, and juice from jar. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 40 minutes of slow cooking, transfer the roast to a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Then shred the meat using 2 forks. Return the shredded meat back into the slow cooker for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve the beef and pepperoncinis on Italian sandwich buns and top with slices of mozzarella or provolone cheese.