- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup each (4 cups in total) of chopped/sliced vegetables (scallion, bell pepper, carrot, broccoli, etc.)
- 1 tbsp chopped root ginger
- 6 basil leaves, torn2 kaffir lime leaves (substitute a bay leaf and 1 tsp of lime zest)
- 1 tbsp Nam pla (fish sauce)
- 4 chicken breasts, each cut into around 6 pieces Juice of one lime
- Cilantro, to serve
- Spoon the red curry paste into your slow cooker, along with the coconut milk, sugar, and peanut butter, whisking lightly to a smooth consistency, and then pour in the stock and continue whisking until combined.
- Next, add the vegetables, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, basil and nam pla, and stir gently before cooking on low for 6 hours.
- After 4 hours, add the chicken and stir again before leaving to cook on low for the remaining 2 hours.
- At the end of cooking time, check your seasoning, and add a squeeze of fresh lime and a handful of chopped cilantro to garnish, before serving with jasmine or plain cooked rice.