- 2.5 lb (1 kg) of trimmed and cut in half chicken thigh fillets
- 4 oz (110g) Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 5 oz (150g) of halved fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 7 oz (200g) sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 140 ml (4.7fl oz) coconut milk
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- steamed jasmine rice
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan using medium high heat. Cook the chicken in batches for about 1 to 2 minutes until each side turns golden. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Reduce heat on frying pan to low. Add the rest of the oil into a pan. Add curry paste and cook while stirring for about two minutes until an aroma is released. Add stock then stir until the curry paste dissolves. Add the bamboo shoots and mushroom. Pour the mixture over the chicken and stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours. Use a jug to combine sugar and coconut milk. Stir the mixture into curry. Cover and let it cook for 30 minutes on high.
- Stir the food in basil and spoon over rice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest