- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (it’s fine to use frozen)
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, mostly drained and chopped a bit (I took a knife to the tomatoes while they were still in the can.)
- 2 14-oz. cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Combine everything in your slow cooker (except the fresh parsley).
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours).
- Once finished, use two forks to break apart the chicken into large shredded chunks. Stir the chicken back into the crock pot mixture. You can serve immediately or let it hang out on warm for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over couscous, brown rice, quinoa or whole wheat pasta.
If you’re a real olive lover, add an extra 1/4 cup of chopped olives to the crock pot. Or, reserve them as a garnish to really get their full flavor.
P.S. This freezes great, so you can just package up the extras, once cooled, and store them away for a rainy day.