- 3 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Chop chicken into 2 inch pieces. Add to a large resealable bag and add corn starch. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- Drizzle a large skillet with the oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 1-2 minutes (just to brown the very outside, chicken should not be cooked through) and remove from heat. Add to a greased slow cooker.
- Whisk together the cold water and corn starch til dissolved. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ketchup, and rice vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Poor sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low 3 hours. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest