- 1½ lbs. stewing beef
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (at least 19 oz) can of enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped Tomatoes
- In a large pan brown beef cubes. Place in crockpot with onion and cover with enchilada sauce. This recipe will cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours. Add sliced bell pepper during last 30 minutes.
- Once beef is fork tender, remove from slow cooker with a fork and shred.
- Preheat oven to 400 and remove all onions and peppers from sauce and add to beef. Meanwhile, heat refried beans on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Lay tortillas out on the counter and evenly divide hot refried beans and beef mixture in the center of each. Wrap tortillas (if you don’t know how, most packages of tortillas will have directions on wrapping).
- Place the wrapped tortillas seam side down in a 9×13 pan. Top with remaining sauce (from slow cooker) and cheddar cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.