- 1½ lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sesame seeds & Green onions for garnish
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- Brown chicken and onions over medium heat.
- Mix together sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken & onions.
- Simmer 35-40 minutes on low adding the red peppers in the last 5 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch. Add to the sauce and let bubble whilte stirring for 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve on rice.
- Put chicken, onions & sauce in the slow cooker. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Combine water and cornstarch. Add water/cornstarch and red peppers to the sauce. Turn onto high for 15-20 minutes to thicken, stirring frequently. Serve on rice.