- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces beer
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup carrot, diced very fine
- 1 cup white onion, diced very fine
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- sea salt, about 1 teaspoon
- black pepper to taste
- Add chicken broth and beer to slow cooker, and whisk in cornstarch until smooth. Add melted butter.
- Add carrots and onions to slow cooker, stir.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Add cream cheese, let the cream cheese melt for 20 minutes before adding the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Stir in cheese, and season with salt, about a teaspoon is what I used, add gradually to your taste. Add pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls, and serve immediately.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest