- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16-ounces) Salsa Verde (I use Herdez Salsa Verde)
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) chili powder
- 1 onion, diced, for garnish
- chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Lightly spray the crock with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken in the crock pot.
- Add salsa verde, chopped tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 5 to 6 hours on LOW.
- Remove cover and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; using two forks, shred the chicken.*
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Top with diced onions and fresh parsley or cilantro.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest