For the Meatloaf
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ pepper
- 25 saltine crackers
- 2 lbs. 10% fat ground beef
For the Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. mustard
- In a large bowl, add the eggs,onion, bell pepper, ketchup, milk, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Crush the saltine crackers in next, and mix this all together with clean hands. Add the meat next, only mixing everything until it just comes together.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray, and shape the meat into a loaf on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, without opening the lid during cooking time.
- Scoop out the fat with a spoon, discard.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients, and spoon over meatloaf.
- Cover and cook for 30 more minutes on LOW. Serve and enjoy!