- 1 lb. cubed beef stew meat (well trimmed of fat)
- 1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
This after above has cooked
- 9 corn toritllas
- 2 cups shredded cheese(I use finely shredded packaged cheddar)
- 1 (4-oz.) can fire-roasted diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (3.8-oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- ¼ cup chopped clilantro
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add the stew meat and the enchilada sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- With the back of a fork crush the stew meat to shred it. Place all the sauce and meat into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl mix together the shredded cheese, green chilies, olives and cilantro.
- Now to start layering the enchilada stack.
- Place a ½ cup of the reserved sauce and meat onto the bottom of the slow cooker
- A tortirlla next.
- -1/4 cup sauce/meat.
- -1/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Another tortilla.
- Keep doing layers of sauce/meat (1/4 cup) and cheese mixture (1/4 cup) then a tortilla, until all 9 tortillas are gone. Add the remaining sauce, then the remaining cheese to top of the last tortiila.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour more.
- Serve and enjoy!