- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 – 1-inch piece ginger, finely minced
- A pinch of chili flakes
- Green onions, for garnish
- Add the chicken breast chunks, cornstarch and fresh cracked pepper to a plastic bag. Shake the bag until the chicken is coated in the cornstarch.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and sear it until it is well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and all the remaining ingredients to your crock pot and give it a stir. Set your crock pot to high for 4 hours. Note: some readers have found that their crock pots cook at a higher temperature than mine does. If this is your first time making this recipe, check the chicken after 2 hours and, if needed, lower the heat.
- Serve the Crock Pot General Tso’s Chicken with a side of rice, some steamed veggies and a little sprinkle of green onions on
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest