- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken with basil, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Place potatoes into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in olive oil, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and garnished with parsley, if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest