- 16-ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4-cup low-sugar orange preserves ( I like to use the one with pulp in the preserves; adds texture )
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste (I use just a little less than 1/8 teaspoon in mine)
- toasted sesame seeds
- Lightly grease crock pot insert with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot, one next to another, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange preserves, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; mix until combined.
- Spoon or pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the sesame seeds.
- In a frying pan, heat the sesame seeds over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently, cooking just until fragrant; about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and transfer to a plate.
- Spoon the orange sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest