- 15 oz part-skim ricotta
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups homemade tomato sauce* or your favorite sauce
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced ⅛” thick. (UPDATE: Since some readers are saying that this lasagna become a little soupy I made this lasagna again but this time I grilled the zucchini slices before I put on the slow cooker. It helped to draw out some moisture!
- 16 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, spinach. Stir well and set it aside.
- Lightly coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Ladle about 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker and spread it well.
- Layer 5 or 6 zucchini slices to cover.
- Place some of the ricotta cheese mixture and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers until all your ingredients are all used up.
- Top the lasagna with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let stand for about 1 hours. (UPDATE: Since some readers said the lasagna became a little soupy, I made it again and I let it stand for about 3 HOURS before serving. I found it was great because the liquid absorbed much more – Please, do not forget this step).
- Before serving top with fresh parsley
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest