- 2 cups Red Lentils
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree (not tomato sauce)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (use full fat—it’s worth it)
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Brown rice, cooked quinoa, farro, or similar for serving
- Place the lentils in the bottom of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add the onions, garlic, cauliflower, ginger, curry paste, salt, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cayenne, and cardamom, then stir to combine.
- Pour the tomato puree over the top of the cauliflower and lentils. Refill the tomato puree can halfway with water, then pour it over the top of the slow cooker ingredients so that they are covered with liquid. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours, until the lentils are soft.
- Just before serving, stir in the coconut milk. Serve over brown rice, quinoa, or farro, topped with fresh cilantro.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest