- PHASE 1
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2-3 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon olive/coconut oil
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice blend, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 14 oz. cans quality coconut milk
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2-4 teaspoon sriracha/Asian chili sauce
- crushed peanuts
- coconut flakes
- chopped cilantro
- freshly squeeze lime juice
- Rub chicken with oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker followed by all of the ingredients in Phase 1. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred and rice is cooked.
- Remove chicken and allow to rest 5 minutes before shredding or chopping if preferred.
- Meanwhile, whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add to slow cooker. Stir in peanut butter and lime juice. Add chicken back to slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir peanut butter until smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, peanut butter, Sriracha as desired. If you would like a less “chunky” soup, stir in additional broth.
- Garnish individual servings with coconut flakes, fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts and freshly squeezed lime juice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest