- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 jar (650 mL) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 250-g tub or stick) Cream Cheese
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine next 3 ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours).
- Stir in cream cheese, and place lid back on for another 15 minutes before giving it a final stir and serving.
- Serve with rice.
Tip: The heat of your salsa will affect the heat of the curry. I prefer Medium salsa with this recipe as Hot overpowers the curry flavour. Mild might be good if you have children who do not like spicy heat.
**The chicken will shred when you stir in the cream cheese, if you do not like that then remove the chicken to a platter before stirring in cream cheese into the sauce.