- 14.5 oz can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice,about 1 lemon
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- wedges lemon, for serving
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano and chicken bouillon in slow cooker then stir to dissolve bouillon. Once bouillon has dissolved, add chicken and butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or just until chicken is cooked through and tender. Overcooking chicken breasts will result in them becoming dry.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, dice, slice or leave breasts whole then transfer to a serving dish.
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a medium saucepan. Add the liquid from the slow cooker to the saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking continuously. Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a few drops of fresh lemon juice for a little more zing or a pinch of sugar if it’s a bit too tart. Pour sauce over chicken, garnish with fresh chopped parsley then serve over rice or pasta with a lemon wedge on the side.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest