- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (135g) white whole wheat flour or gluten-free* flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (90g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp (42g) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (90g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (180mL) pure maple syrup
- Line a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker with foil, and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. If any cooking spray lands on the lip where the lid rests, wipe it off with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Stir in the maple syrup. Mix in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared slow cooker, and cover with the lid. Turn on the slow cooker to LOW, and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours**. Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid when the sides look done and the center looks glossy and slightly wet. Cool completely to room temperature in the slow cooker, and let the brownies sit for at least 4 hours at room temperature for the fudgiest texture before serving.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest