- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes (approximately 5 medium sized potatoes), NOT peeled, diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 cups (about 2 pounds) kernel corn (I used frozen)
- 1 medium/large sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 – 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken stock
- 16 ounces (2 cups) half and half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT half & half in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Blend about half the soup using an immersion blender (or just scoop it into your upright blender then return to slow cooker).
- Add half and half or heavy cream and continue cooking, uncovered, for about another 15 minutes, until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest