- 1 1⁄2cups white flour
- 1⁄2cup raw sugar (or just white sugar)
- 4tablespoons dark cocoa (powdered chocolate)
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4teaspoon double-acting baking powder (leave out for heavier cake)
- 90ml sunflower oil (any oil may be used)
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- 1cup water
- Add together the dry ingredients: 1.5 cups white flour, 1/2 cup raw sugar, 4 tablespoons dark cocoa (powdered chocolate), 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder (leave out for heavier cake).
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Add wet ingredients to the mixture: 90 ml of sunflower oil (any oil may be used),1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 cup of water.
- Mix well till smooth, about 1 minute, do not over work batter.
- Pour batter into the greased rice cooker bowl.
- Set rice cooker to ‘slow’ if possible for 60 minutes and start cooker (if your cooker does not have a slow setting don’t worry).
- Some rice cookers will go to warm cycle after 5 minutes, allow cooker to be in that mode for a few minutes (like preheating) then restart timer for remainder time to equal 60 minutes total cook time.
- Check cake at 45 minutes.
- Cake is finished when a toothpick comes out clean from edges and center of cake.
- Take rice cooker bowl out of machine when cake is finished cooking, and allow the cake to cool in the bowl for 15 minutes before removing.
- To remove the cake put flat plate on the top the rice cooker bowl and invert bowl in a smooth motion.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with your favourite frosting.
- Try not to eat the whole cake in 1 seating!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest