- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 kg beef brisket ( gravy beef, or shank)
- 400 g coconut cream
- 3/4-1 cup massaman curry paste ( bought or made)
- 250 ml water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 waxy potatoes, peeled and diced in 2-3cm cubes
- 2 -3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons roasted peanuts, crushed
- 3 sprigs coriander, chopped
- Trim meat of excess fat and sinew and cut into 2-3cm cubes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot and fry the onion until brown.
- Add the meat, season and continue to brown all over.
- Add curry paste, heat through until fragrant. Add half the coconut cream, lower the heat and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the mix on top of the potatoes.
- Add the water, remaining coconut cream, cinnamon and bay leaves and cook on LOW, covered, for 8 hours.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest