- 1 large crusty loaf of french bread, cut into 1 inch pieces, (about 8 cups)
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick Basil Leaves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Thyme Leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Fresh Parsley, chopped and dried cranberries for garnish
- To prepare the bread crumbs, Cut into 1 inch pieces and stale them overnight. You can also toast them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly golden.
- In a medium sized skillet, cook and crumble the italian sausage until no longer pink. Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss bread crumbs, sausage, onion, carrot, celery, basil, sage, salt, pepper, and butter until combined. Add to slow cooker and pour chicken broth on the top. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and dried cranberries if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest