- 2 1/2-3 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick spray coating
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely shredded ( set aside)
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon florida grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- noodles, cooked (optional)
- Trim fat from pork. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3- to 4-quart crockery cooker.
- In a small bowl combine oregano, ginger, and pepper. Rub spice mixture over entire surface of meat.
- Spray a large unheated, nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium heat. Add roast and brown on all sides.
- Transfer meat to the crockery cooker; add onions.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup of the orange juice (chill remaining orange juice), the sugar, grapefruit juice, steak sauce, and soy sauce. Pour over meat in the crockery cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter; keep warm.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest