- 3 sweet potatoes, uncooked, peel, and dice
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled & diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT pecans.
- Toast pecans in the oven or dry skillet, set aside. Careful not to burn!
- Cook for 6 – 8 hours, until the yams are tender. I stir to combine every hour or so.
- About 1-2 hours before serving, if the mixture is too wet, prop the lid open a bit with a toothpick to let some of the steam out and thicken up the sauce.
- Put in your favorite serving dish and top with pecans for serving.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest