- 2 to 3 lbs Fresh Chicken Breast
- 18 oz. Bottle Hickory BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, cut in half or quartered (1/2 potato per person, so 3 potatoes if serving 6))
- Mix BBQ Sauce, Brown Sugar, Cumin, Minced Garlic, Onion Powder and Salt + Pepper together in slow cooker.
- Add in fresh boneless, skinless chicken breast (boneless, skinless chicken thighs would work as well) and cover chicken in sauce.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half if cooking on low – Quarter them if cooking on high – and pierce with fork several times. Flavor with seasonings of your choice and double wrap tightly in foil.
- Place in the crockpot on top of the chicken, close lid, and cook along with the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours // or // LOW for 7 to 8 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked through. Time will vary a bit depending on the thickness of chicken and your particular slow cooker.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest