- 2 medium onions, wedged
- 1 medium carrot, diagonally sliced
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- Layer the first 4 ingredients, in order given, in 3 1/2 to 4 quart (3.5 to 4 L) slow cooker.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium. Add beef. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add ginger and garlic. Hear and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add water, sherry and brown sugar. Stir. Bring to a boil. Pour over vegetables. DO NOT STIR. Cover. Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Stir soy sauce into cornstarch in a small cup until smooth. Add to beef mixture. Stir. Add snow peas. Stir well. Cover. Cook on high for about 10 minutes until snow peas are tender-crisp and sauce is thickened.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest