- 1 4-pound pork shoulder roast (or similar roast, size can vary a bit too)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (you can find this in almost any grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt (sold in most grocery stores)
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Pierce the roast all over with a fork. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour liquid smoke evenly over the roast, then sprinkle with the salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours. (For a larger roast you’ll need closer to the 12 hours)
- Uncover, pull pork apart with 2 forks. Serve alone or you can serve it over rice, in tacos, salads, and more!
If you want to use a really big roast you can double the liquid smoke and salt and keep the extra meat stored in an airtight container in the fridge all week long for incredible leftovers and quick fix meals!