- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 cups red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook chicken breasts in hot oil until browned on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to a slow cooker.
- Cook bacon in the same skillet, turning occasionally, over medium-heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to the slow cooker.
- Stir red wine, chicken stock, garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker.
- Cook chicken mixture in the slow cooker set to Low until chicken is tender, 4 to 5 hours.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest