- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary, or to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) jar seedless blackberry jam
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or a blend)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or a blend)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Season the pork tenderloin on all sides with salt, pepper, sage, and rosemary. Place the tenderloin into a slow cooker, and spoon the blackberry jam, 1/4 cup honey, and 2 tablespoons of red wine over the pork. Set the cooker to Low, and cook until very tender, 4 to 5 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving time, pour 1/2 cup red wine, 2 tablespoons of honey, and the fresh blackberries into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and some of the berries burst, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice the tenderloin and spoon blackberry-wine sauce over slices.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest