-1 (1 oz.) packet ranch dressing mix (or equivalent homemade)
– 1 cup milk
– 1 (32 oz.) package frozen tater tots
– 8 slices thick cut bacon, browned and crumbled
– 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces (raw)
- Spray the bottom and slides of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together your ranch dressing mix with a cup of milk and stir with a fork until well combined.
- Put a single layer of frozen tater tots at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the tater tot layer with 1/3 of the cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumbled, cooked bacon on top of the cheese layer.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces on top of the bacon layer.
- Layer cheese, then bacon, then tater tots until ingredients are gone. End with a layer of bacon on top.
- Give milk and ranch a last stir, then pour over the layers in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.