- 1 white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, drained (reserve brine)
- 1/2 (16 ounce) jar Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, drained
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reserved Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper brine
- 6 to 8 hoagie rolls
- 6 to 8 slices white American cheese or provolone
- Place the sliced onions over the bottom of your slow cooker insert. Place chicken over the onions and sprinkle the chicken with the Italian seasoning and garlic pepper.
- Scatter the drained Mild Pepper Rings and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips over the top of the chicken. Pour chicken broth and 1/4 cup of the reserved brine from the Mild Pepper Rings around the chicken.
- Place cover on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, until chicken is tender and easy to shred.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board and use two forks to lightly shred it, leaving some good bite-size pieces. Transfer shredded chicken back to slow cooker and stir it into the cooking liquid, combining well with the peppers and onions.
- Serve up on hoagie rolls, top with cheese, and place under the broiler for a minute or two until cheese is melted.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest