- 2 lbs boneless pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large carrots, chopped (these are totally optional)
- ½ cup gochujang (Korean chili paste) or chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour a little of the sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with pieces of pork and the remaining sauce. Cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 4 hours. If adding carrots, do so 1 hour before you’re ready to eat.