- 1 3-pound chuck roast
- 1 1-ounce packet of dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 1-ounce packet of dry au jus gravy mix
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 5-6 pepperoncini
- Add 1/4 cup of water into the insert of your slow cooker then place the chuck roast on top.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning mix on top of the chuck roast, then sprinkle the dry au jus mix on top, then place 6 tbsp. of butter on top of the roast, and finally 5-6 pepperoncini around the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred and serve with gravy.
You can serve this with a side of mashed potatoes and vegetables, or serve it on top of white/brown rice, or make a sandwich out of it. The gravy can get pretty salty by itself so I’d go light on the salt for the side dishes that you’re serving with this roast.
Yes, if you want to add vegetables to the slow cooker to cook along with the roast, you can certainly do so. I would add it in 2-3 hours before the roast is done. Potatoes, carrots, celery, whatever you like!